See below for updates on COVID-19 community levels; vaccine, booster and testing information; face covering guidance; and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
COVID-19 Testing in Clear Creek County
IMPORTANT UPDATE: COMMUNITY TESTING IS NO LONGER OFFERED IN CLEAR CREEK COUNTY
Other testing locations can be found at https://covidcheckcolorado.org/.
Free At-Home COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits
At-Home COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits are available to every home in the United States.
To order yours today, please visit: www.covidtests.gov
**Rapid test kits are also available for pick-up from Public Health at the Clear Creek County Health & Wellness Center and local public libraries while supplies last.
For more information on COVID-19 Testing and additional test sites, please proceed to the COVID-19 Testing page.
Clear Creek County COVID-19 Vaccines and Boosters
Wednesdays: 10am to 4pm
Idaho Springs | Clear Creek Health & Wellness Center at 1969 Miner Street - 2nd Floor
Walk-In - appointments not required | Pre-registration Strongly Encouraged
- Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines and boosters are available for those age 18+ (primary series and boosters when eligible)
** Availability of Pfizer vaccines are dependent on supply
To reduce wait time at vaccine clinics, PRE-REGISTRATION IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED:
- Pre-registration link: www.comassvax.org/clearcreek
- If this is your second dose or booster, please bring your vaccine card!
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines and boosters, please proceed to the COVID-19 Vaccine Information Page.
Face Coverings Guidance
In accordance with the State of Colorado Public Health Orders, people are not required to wear face masks in most settings, except where required by local businesses and workplaces. The State of Colorado continues to require compliance with case contact and outbreak investigations (contact tracing). Businesses and other workplaces can choose whether or not to require masks for worker safety and other reasons. For more information on Clear Creek County Resolutions relating to COVID-19, please visit our Public Health Orders & Guidance page.
For more information on school protocols, please visit: https://www.ccsdre1.org/
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends wearing a mask indoors in areas of substantial or high community transmission.
For information on risk level, recent cases, and vaccination rates in Clear Creek County:
Free KN95 Masks, Surgical Masks, & Rapid Test Kits Available at Clear Creek County Libraries
KN95 masks, Surgical Grade masks, and rapid test kits have been provided to local libraries by the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. Each individual may receive 5 masks per month. Please call ahead to confirm that supplies are in stock:
- Idaho Springs Public Library 219 14th Avenue, IS 303-567-2020
- John Tomay Public Library 605 6th Street, GT 303-569-2620
Please do not come into the libraries if you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms.
Other Health Services
Wellness Clinic - By Appointment Only
Appointments Available Monday - Friday
- Oxygen Level, Temperature, Blood Pressure, STD/HIV Testing and more
- No fasting required
- Hours vary
To schedule an appointment, call 303-670-7528
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Services
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- For mothers and infants
- Contact Sara Sage at 303-670-7546 for more information
Wednesdays & Fridays | 10am to 4pm
- Flu, TDAP, HEP A, and more
- All childhood immunizations
- Clear Creek County Health and Wellness Center - 2nd Floor, 1969 Miner Street, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
- Walk Ins Welcome (No Appointment Necessary)
- Call our PUBLIC HEALTH COVID INFO & MESSAGE LINE at 303-670-7528
- Participate in/listen to COVID updates at the Board of County Commissioners (BoCC) meetings
- Listen to Dr. Ryan’s live KYGT interviews on most BoCC Tuesdays
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON COVID IN OUR STATE: https://covid19.colorado.gov
FOR MORE NATIONAL AND WORLDWIDE COVID-19 INFORMATION:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Johns Hopkins University of Medicine: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): https://www.nih.gov/
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://covid19.who.int/