Community Development Permits
Mountain living has an appeal that is hard to resist. It also has unique conditions that require special preparation to obtain a permit to build, remodel and/or add on to a residence, accessory structure or commercial property.
The Community Development Departments (including Planning, Site Development, Environmental Health, and Building) all work together in the review and approval of your permits, but the property owner or the contractor is responsible for researching the property and knowing what the regulations are.
Each Department’s Requirements Packet will provide you with the information on the submittal requirements and application forms necessary for the permitting processes for new construction, additions or alterations of structures. Conditions and submittal requirements from all of the Community Development Departments must be met before the Building Department can accept and process your application.
Permit Submittal Hours
- 8:00 am to 9:30 am, no appointment required
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, appointment recommended in order for staff to be available to review permit applications for submittal
Incomplete submittals will be refused until all required items can be received together. Please see the appropriate Overview Packet for minimum submittal requirements.
In Person Assistance and Staff Availability
The following departments are housed at the County Annex: Building, Planning, Site Development, Environmental Health, and Mapping. A staff member from each department will be available:
- 8:00 am to 11:00 am, no appointment required
- 11:00 am to 4:30 pm, appointment required
Approved Permit Pick-up Hours
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, permits require 20 to 30 minutes to issue permit and review inspection requirements and conditions of the permit.