Clear Creek County Takes Action Requiring Face Coverings
Beginning July 3, face coverings are required to be worn in Clear Creek County public spaces unless social distancing can be maintained. At a July 2 Special Meeting, the Clear Creek County Board of Health passed Public Health Order 20-04 requiring face masks to be worn in public for the protection of Clear Creek County residents. This was due to recent spikes in COVID-19 cases—especially in our neighboring states, the influx of tourists expected this 4th of July weekend, and in support of our effort to stay healthy so we can stay open. Read the full Resolution here. This decision follows Georgetown’s June 26 Order requiring the wearing of face coverings within the town boundaries.
COVID-19 Case Report
WORLD-WIDE TOTAL COVID-19 CASES: 10,920,457 TOTAL DEATHS DUE TO COVID: 522,385
• According to Johns Hopkins University, the United States has the highest count of COVID-19 cases in the world,
nearly surpassing the combined total cases of Brazil, Russia and India.
• The United States also has the highest global rate of death due to COVID-19.
UNITED STATES TOTAL COVID-19 CASES: 2,679,230 TOTAL DEATHS DUE TO COVID: 128,024
• All 50 states are in varying phases of re-opening and national COVID-19 case numbers are increasing rapidly.
• On July 1 alone, the number of people to test positive in United States was over 50,000.
COLORADO TOTAL COVID-19 CASES: 33,352 TOTAL DEATHS DUE TO COVID: 1,521
• On July 1, the State issued its most recent guidance, Protect Our Neighbors, which allows increased re-opening if local Public Health agencies can assure suppression capabilities.
• Also on July 1, the State updated Public Health Order 20-31 requiring critical business, mass transit, and government workers to wear face coverings.
CLEAR CREEK COUNTY TOTAL COVID-19 CASES: 19 TOTAL DEATHS DUE TO COVID: 1
• On June 30, the County received approval of its second Variance from portions of Colorado Public Health Order 20-28, regarding Outdoor Events, Personal Recreation, and Restaurants.
• As of July 2, County Public Health team has conducted 506 COVID-19 tests.
• To keep our community healthy and our case numbers from increasing, it remains critical that we come together as a community—residents, businesses, and visitors—and adhere to mask wearing and social distancing, especially during the summer tourist season.
• For more information: Clear Creek County COVID info, County Testing Info, State COVID Info, State Public Health & Executive Orders
Public Access Hours to Clear Creek County Government Offices
• 10am to 2pm, Monday through Friday, with continued health criteria: social distancing, masks, no COVID-19 symptoms, no more than 10 visitors at one time. If necessary, appointments can be made outside the 10am to 2pm schedule. NOTE: County Courts have a separate schedule.
• CLOSED Friday, July 3 in observance of Independence Day.