Click to Home
Experience Clear Creek

Go To Search
Can I capture runoff from my downspouts in a rain barrel?
The answer to this question is, “Maybe.” In 2009 the Colorado Legislature passed a law that makes this activity possible in very specific situations. Local governments do not have the authority to approve this activity, but we have provided a link to the state’s guidance on this question. If you meet all of the qualifications for this activity you will need to submit a permit application to the Colorado Division of Water Resources.

LUG - Division

Show All Answers

1. I am looking at a piece of property and want to make sure it is buildable.
2. My parcel of land is in the middle of nowhere in the mountains and all I want to do is build a basic camping cabin. Why do I have to have a water supply, sewer, a bathroom and a kitchen?
3. How do I find out if there is legal access to a specific property?
4. I am looking for a map of a specific property. What maps are available?
5. Can I capture runoff from my downspouts in a rain barrel?
6. Can I put a shed on my property to store equipment or camping gear before I decide to build?
7. Can I park my RV and/or camp on my property?
8. Why does the county have all of these land use rules? Why can’t I just do what I want with my property?