Request for Proposals for
Fall River Road
Geotechnical Engineering Investigation
Proposals Must be Submitted no later than
February 27, 2018
Request for Proposals for Geotechnical Engineering Services
The Clear Creek County Public Works Department is requesting geotechnical engineering services proposals to conduct a geotechnical investigation on Fall River Road from York Gulch Road to Hamlin Gulch Road (between approximate mile marker 1.0 and 3.5), as measured from the I-70 Frontage Road (see attached location map). The investigation shall be for the subgrade evaluation for a pavement replacement project along this segment of road to be bid out later in the year.
The engineering services proposal should include a detailed scope of work including field and geotechnical investigation, laboratory testing, geotechnical engineering analysis, and design recommendations for the new pavement section. The proposal should include the following work items.
- Provide Utility Locates through UNCC or other approved locating organization.
- Provide Traffic Control during drilling operations and keep one lane of Fall River Road open at all times.
- Drill exploratory holes on approximate 500-foot centers in-as-much-as-possible, depending on utility locations and in alternative lanes. Test holes should alternate from 5 foot to 10 foot in depth with final depths depending on subsoil conditions.
- Carry out laboratory testing program to evaluate relevant engineering characteristics of the subgrade for pavement design.
- Evaluate results of field and laboratory testing program including earthwork, excavation conditions and pavement section requirements.
- Prepare report with bore logs, test results, geotechnical parameters and pavement design information. ADTs to be provided by County for pavement design evaluation..
- The Lump Sum Cost should be broken out into the following: Field Services, Traffic Control, Laboratory Testing and Engineering Services. A rate sheet should also be included with the proposal for Personnel, Field investigation Services and Laboratory Testing.
Qualified firms should submit one (1) original and two (2) copies of the Proposal. All Proposals should be plainly marked on the outside as “Geotechnical Engineering Services Proposal for Fall River Road Geotechnical Investigation (York Gulch Road to Hamlin Gulch Road). Submittals should be addressed to the Clear Creek County Road & Bridge Department, PO Box 362, Dumont, Colorado 80436-0362. Hand deliveries should be made to the R&B Administrative Office at 3549 County Road 312 (Stanley Road), Dumont, CO 80436. Proposals will be accepted until 2:00 PM, February 27, 2018. It is anticipated that a firm will be selected by March 2, 2018. All work will be required to be completed by March 31, 2018. A sample agreement is included herewith.
Questions about this RFP may be directed to:
Rick Beck, P.E.
Clear Creek County Public Works Division
3549 County Road 312
P.O. Box 362
Dumont, CO 80436