Recreational Sport Shooting
- 11.7.19 - County hires CVA to develop Range Design and Business Plan at former rodeo grounds
- 9.18.19 - County's Acoustic Testing Project in Dumont (see pg 2 of Oct-Dec 2019 Chatter)
- 6.13.19 - Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests Releases Final Decision for Recreational Sport Shooting
- 6.11.19 - Colorado Parks & Wildlife award Planning Grant funding to Clear Creek County
- 10.3.18 - Devil's Nose Shooting Range is closed for safety to allow construction
- 9.20.18 - Forest Service releases draft decision
- 11.1.17 - Sport Shooting Open Houses scheduled
- 11.1.17 - Alternative Maps as part of Forest Service Recreational Sport Shooting Project now online
Areas open to Recreational Sport Shooting
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife map of shooting ranges in Colorado
- County Open Space provided these guidelines and all State/Federal rules are adhered to. Please see Open Space areas that are closed to Recreational Sport Shooting.
- Private property in Clear Creek County with the following guidelines:
- If local covenants allow
- With permission from the property owner
- A sufficient backstop in place to keep bullets from leaving the property
- No Drugs or Alcohol
- Follow Colorado Revised Statues pertaining to Firearms or other misconduct
- Be respectful of your neighbors, no shooting after sunset or before sunrise
- Sportsman's Club (Members only)
Areas Closed to Recreational Sport Shooting
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Bergen Peak State Wildlife Area (PDF) - The discharge of firearms or bows is prohibited, except when hunting.
- Georgetown State Wildlife Area - Those lands that are within the Georgetown municipal limits.
- County Open Space
- Beaver Brook Watershed - Hunting is allowed during established hunting seasons for the purposes of hunting.
- Game Check Park
- Lawson Whitewater Park
- Oxbow property
- Philadelphia Mill Site
- Denver Mountain Parks – No firearms, bows or hunting.
- Historic District Public Lands (HDPLC) – All public lands within the HDPLC boundary and the Saxon Mountain Study Area. Hunting is allowed during established hunting seasons for the purposes of hunting.
- Map (PDF) of Georgetown-Silver Plume Historic District Public Lands
- USFS Properties