Legalize An Existing Structure

To legalize a structure in unincorporated Clear Creek County that has not been legalized, please use this webpage as a guide to apply online to obtain a Certificate of Compliance or final inspections for your structure. Any existing permitted structure that has not been finalized can use this guide to be legalized.

Short Term Rental Permits cannot be issued on incomplete or residences that did not receive a Certificate of Occupancy. You must legalize your structure and have a life safety inspection before obtaining a Short Term Rental Permit. 

 The Building Department does not expedite legalizations due to the want of a Short Term Rental License, please plan accordingly.

Once you have obtained the final copies of your affidavits from an engineer, please submit your application here. Note: You need a site plan

The county can not make engineer recommendations.

Engineer Affidavits

  1. General Permit Questions