Child Support Services
Child Support Services
The mission of the Colorado Child Support Services (CSS) Program is to assure that all children receive financial and medical support from both parents. This is accomplished by locating each parent, establishing paternity and support obligations, and enforcing those obligations.
The CSS Program puts children first by helping both parents assume responsibility for the economic and social well-being, health, and stability of their children. We recognize that children benefit from positive, ongoing relationships with both parents.
Visit the Colorado Division of CSS website for information about how to start a case, apply for child support services, how to create an online account to view specific information on your child support case, different ways to make and receive child support payments, and how and when to request changes to a child support order.
Start a Child Support Services Case
Obtain and complete an application. Applications can be:
- Mailed to you by calling 303-670-7576 and providing a mailing address, or request an application by email at Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick up in person at:
405 Argentine Street
Georgetown, CO 80444
- Apply online. The Colorado Child Support Services (CSS) Program has launched a streamlined application that is available 24/7 - apply online anywhere, any time. Apply here.
There will be a one-time $20 application fee. If you receive Colorado Works / Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), you will be automatically referred to the CSS office and will not be required to pay an application fee.
Return the completed application and all required documents to our office either in person or by mail. Applications may be delayed if you do not provide the necessary documents, which include:
- Copies of state-issued birth certificates for all children.
- Copies of Social Security cards for all children.
- Copy of your ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID, etc.).
- A photograph of the other parent, if available (this will be returned to you).
- Verification of your income (pay stubs, tax return, etc.).
- Copy of a marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Copies of any court orders signed by a judge or magistrate (examples include; petition and/or divorce decree, separation agreement, paternity orders, a certified copy of child and/or spousal support order, an order of allocation of parental rights, order terminating parental rights, etc.).
Family Support Registry (FSR) Customer Service Department
Mail Payments to:
Family Support Registry (FSR), P.O. Box 2171, Denver, CO 80201-2171
Metro Denver: 303-299-9123 | Nationwide: 1-800-374-6558
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Mountain Time)